Northside Medical Center and Austintown Therapy Center’s Occupational Therapy Program helps patients return home and to work and other activities by regaining needed function and skills. Occupational therapy can include treatment modalities for pain control or muscle stimulation, hand therapy and activities to improve sensory motor processing in pediatric and adult patients with neurological deficits. The primary goal is to attain independence in all areas of function through an individualized treatment plan.
Services provided include:
- evaluation and treatment of hand and elbow pathologies
- post-stroke rehabilitation
- splint fabrication
- transfer mobility training
- work conservation/safety
- lymphedema evaluation and treatment
- pediatric evaluation and treatment of a variety of disorders
For more information about occupational therapy services at Northside Medical Center Therapy, call 330-884-4330 or for the Austintown Therapy Center, call 330-884-1520.