The Childbirth Center
Whether you are expecting your first child, or an additional one - bringing a child into the world is a wonderful personal experience. At Northside Medical Center, our dedicated and compassionate staff members are committed to creating a comfortable environment for you to welcome your new family member.
The Childbirth Center at Northside Medical Center provides comprehensive, state-of-the-art Level I obstetrical services. We have an in-house 24/7 obstetrician, anesthesia care and individualized care by our experienced and caring nurses to help keep you relaxed during your birthing experience.
The Childbirth Center consists of two departments: The Labor & Delivery Department and the Mother/Baby Unit - both focused on providing an inviting, comfortable atmosphere that will put you at ease.
The Birthplace includes:
- Tours and classes for moms and families planning to have their babies at Northside Medical Center
- 24/7 Obstetrician and anesthesia care
- 4 observation/antepartum rooms
- 4 Labor Delivery & Recovery rooms (LDRs). Each has a roomy shower and comfortable furnishings, including sleeper couches.
- 2 Cesarean/delivery rooms
- 16 comfy, quiet postpartum rooms.
- A large nursery with 22 bassinets. We encourage moms to keep their babies in the room with them, but we offer the nursery when mom needs rest.
- A dedicated maternity entrance and private elevator that takes you right into the Labor and Delivery Unit.
- Advanced fetal monitoring systems that allow your doctor to monitor baby's activity during labor.
- State-of-the-art infant security system.
- Board-certified Lactation Specialist and Breast Feeding Support
The Childbirth Center at Northside Medical Center also provides breastfeeding education, counseling and support, and classes to prepare patients and families for the care of infants and mothers. Registered nurses also provide sibling classes to help integrate the newborn into the family unit and offer support. To learn more about our classes, please contact 330-884-2912.
Schedule a Tour
In order to become familiar and comfortable with our facility, we suggest that you register to visit our Childbirth Center prior to your delivery. During the complementary guided tour, you will have the opportunity to see our birthing rooms, postpartum rooms and nurseries. You will also receive information and procedures for admission, visitation and discharge. To schedule a tour, contact 330-884-2801.